Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Wife / My Husband

How many of us wonder who would show up to our funeral? I know what your saying, "That’s so morbid" but keep reading. I am the kind of person that has to know things that just pop into my head. I bombard Noni with questions like:
-When did you know I was the one?
-Did I ever say anything that let you know?
-Where were you when you knew?
-Did you ever have these feelings for someone else?
Okay so I know for most women you would hate having to answer these questions once but I'm the kind of person that at least brings it up 4 times a year. But it is what it is and I'm that guy. I'm the kind of guy who sees himself as a quiet romantic. Okay so all the guys who read this don’t stop just bare with me. I guess it was about an hour ago when I talked to Noni on the phone and it hit me..."I can’t wait for my wife to come home!" When I'm most stressed all I want is her to be near me. It’s almost like her presence calms me. I love her to death and though it’s odd I think you have to say things like "I love you." So here it goes: Noni I can’t tell you how wonderful my life is with you in it. I can’t imagine tomorrow without knowing that you’re with me today. Your laugh makes me smile and your touch reminds me how much I'm loved. I am proud and happy that we made the decision to be married and want you to know that though it may be inevitable I will work everyday to make sure you know that I don’t take you for granted. I love you Noni.

Oh so I wanted to leave you with a parting thought and found this song...


WAIT WAIT! Christie I hope you know how much I love you! This was just a joke for the readers but here is the song that tells you much you mean to me....
and this is what she wrote...

Okay so I think that this is when I'm the "man" of the relationship. When he asks me those questions I'm like wtf? Where did that come from? Why is he asking me this? Isn't he just happy the way it is? Does he have to have these "talks" all the time? haha total man response!! But then I start to think about how sweet that really is. That he loves me so much and he wants to know why and when I decided he was so wonderful and just the perfect person for me to spend forever with.

My days at work are so hard and stressful and he is the best thing I could ever imagine coming home to. Such a sweet boy who always supports me when I cry and act like a total girl when I get upset about things at work that are stupid.

Isn't it funny that in one moment I can be the "man" but in the next moment I can be the stupid girl that is crying because I took CAPS LOCK in a email too harshly...haha

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH!! David, I am so happy that Natalie found someone like you. I can only begin to hope and dream that I will find that man who holds me to the highest pedestal as you do Nat. I can't wait to have this feeling you have for her. I know you will take care of our girl and that makes me smile!!!

    ReplyDelete