Monday, March 30, 2009

So much to write....

So much to talk about and so little time. Okay that’s a lie. I’m off today and have literally watched two soul shaking movies. One was about Franklin Delano Roosevelt and the second was about a man who lost his wife in the war and had no idea how to break the news to his now two motherless daughters. The FDR movie (Warm Springs) simply was a depiction of a man who was relentless in his pursuit of never showing weakness. My grandfather (mothers father) was the kind of man who always pushed all of us to prepare for how hard life can be. During the entire movie I thought “I want to be the kind of man who teaches his family how great life can be.” Is that last thought grossly optimistic?

Like I said, there is so much to talk about. I have a friend who’s life, according to him, is over. His wife picked up and left with his daughter. I have been handing out advise about relationships ending and how to work on the “moving on” period of the break up. I have to say that I almost feel guilty saying anything due to me never having a daughter during any of the life changing break ups I’ve gone through. Okay back to my thought. When I was talking to my friend about his issue I looked over at Noni. I hung up a short time later and asked her, “What would you do if I left you.” Now understand that I’m not thinking negatively but
I felt something while he, my friend, was talking. After asking this awful question there was a moment of silence that I thought felt like an eternity. I say this because, I feel that relationships, weather being good or even great need to be challenged. I honestly hope that my friend and his wife can come to a mutual decision that is best for them and their daughter. I also know that the feeling that Noni emitted from her every pour was something I hope I never see again.

Side Note: I re-read this blog before posting and the above paragraph seemed like I was saying that I asked Natalie to break up. Noni is one of the most important people in my life and like my thought about “who will be at my funeral,” I wondered how on earth I would stumble and fall through life without her.

Okay moving on to a lighter subject. This past week I told everyone that I was feeling really sick. Well I found out that I had an infection that was basically ravaged by diabetes. So all in all I was pretty lousy. I had two surgeries in a week to remove the infection. I’m convinced that I was tricked into surgery. I went for a consultation and they put me in the waiting room and then the nurse asks me to go with her to a second room. I walked in and she immediately says “take off your pants.” Yo! Wait, What!? So I do as I’m told and I’m waiting for the little doggie looking muzzle that gives you that happy gas, and oddly enough I see it off in a far corner. Doctor Ramirez walks in and starts pushing and pressing and then says your going to feel a little pinch. I’m thinking okay maybe some pain meds and then I realize that this was going to be one of those “awake” surgeries and, I was in hell for about an hour! Half way through I asked the doctor where he was from and he said “Puerto Rico, why?” I said, “I figured we might want to get to know each other since your all up in my business.” He got a laugh and so did the nurses but my most sincere feeling was “I’m gonna ducky punch the doctor if he keeps cutting on me.” Just as an F-Y-I…..I never did, hit him that is.

After taking off from work for about a week Noni says “lets go find a restaurant.” If you guys only knew how hard it is to get me out of the house. She tries so hard. None-the-less we are on Veterans Blvd. and we find the magic that is “Izzo’s” now it’s almost exactly like Chipotle and or Freebirds. They have three sizes or burrito:

Regular
Super
Illegal

I had an Illegal and was amazed at the enormity that is what New Orleans Calls the “Illegal” burrito. In case you have not seen it I’m going to post it up.


Okay so I apologize for taking so much of your time with this blog but I hope you guys enjoyed. I’m kind of curious as to what Noni has to write. And this is what she wrote………


I'm so obsessed with izzo's! I had it for lunch and dinner on Saturday! I almost want it for dinner tonight also! David's blog is kinda random and talks about several stories...so I thought I would fill in the few holes.


First....oh his day off he watches 2 movies? He is so weird with the things he does when he's all alone! I sleep in, clean the house, do lesson plans, etc...life must be nice to just get to sit on the couch and watch movies on your day off!! :) Though I did get home to him doing laundry. So he did do a bit more than JUST movies.


Second.....when David asked me what I would do if he ever left me the reason for my silence was because in my head I was going "LIKE HELL YOU WILL EVER LEAVE ME!" haha But I didn't want to say that so I was trying to think of something better.....all I could come up with was "well that would suck!" As it really would suck. I am really sad for Joey and his wife, and I do hope that they come to some place where they are happy in their lives again.


Next....I have noticed that David uses the word surgery quite loosely. When I hear the word surgery I think something bad. Not to say that what happened wasn't bad. It was pretty bad. I know that the best way to describe what happened is by using the word surgery. What really happened is that he had a very painful bump on his leg, and he went to the doctor to have him check it out. The doctor took him into another room, gave him some numbing shots (which I know from my wreck and the problem with my foot that they don't work as quickly or as much as you would ever want them to), and then cut his leg open. On a table, in the doctors office, and with some shots. The doctor tried to work the mass out, but it was too attached to the important things in his leg. So the doctor put some packing in his leg with some medicine on it, gave him some prescriptions and sent him on his way. He has had to go back 3 times since then, and the doctor repacked his leg 2 of those 3 times. The last time finally the doctor said that it was small enough and well enough that he didn't need any more packing. So he is doing fine now. Yes he had "surgery" but not the kind of surgery you think of when you think of the word "surgery."

....on a side note...I did have to change the bandage twice a day every since the first doctor trip, and have become a very good nurse. But the poor guy has been in some serious pain! I'm so very grateful that he is better now, and that he/we found it as quickly as he/we did.


Lastly....a ducky punch is when you put your hand together to make it look like the beak of a duck and then "peck" for lack of a better word at the person you are mad at. If you know anything about mine and David's relationship then you know that we have a special bond with ducks, and that they have come in and out of our relationship often. :)

2 comments:

  1. ok so first of all, i don't flip out because you asked Nat what you would do if you ever left. I flipped out because you talk about surgeries and I had no clue and was all worried! i think that may make me a bit of a bad friend - i'm not sure. :-) but david, i will kill you if you ever leave my friend.

    as i told Nat, this is why you two work because she filled in all of the holes that had me confused. i'm glad that you are feeling better David and all is well, almost. I'm so glad us girls know how to talk on our level.

    last, i heart freebirds so much. i would probably heart izzo's. but that illegal burrito would kill me!! (it looks so yummy)

    xoxoxoxxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are hilarious! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog! I'm so glad you have joined the blog world!! I try to keep mine updated too....not as easy as it sounds with two munchkins running around! I added you to my list of friends....I hope that's okay!!!! I hope to meet you sometime David and I look forward to seeing you again Natalie:-)

    ReplyDelete